Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter isn't Far Away





At times I wonder if I should change my "name". I LOVE primitives, but really I don't have time to devote to "making" many primitive items other than painting and distressing wooden bowls and cutting boards. I mostly dabble in making vintage~primitive style hang tags and now even more I am into altered art using sweet vintage images. I am therefore leaning more towards altered art as the focus of what I "do/make/etc."
I love my "name" though, as I am and will always be "Abigaile's Mommy". This name started way back in 2001 or so when I first signed up on eBay and started purchasing clothing for my baby girl. Then I became interested in primitives and involved in starting to make and sell hang tags, thus the "Primarily Primitives by abigiales_mommy". Since I've been known as such for so many years I really hesitate to change my name though wonder if perhaps I should. I am in need of completely updating my website, and am strongly considering closing my eBay store and instead stocking an etsy shope with some items. So what do you think? Should I continue with my name as is, or consider a change to something that seems to fit in more so with the altered art that I am now focusing on, or does it even really matter?

5 comments:

Tami said...

Hummmm....that is a hard call! You make it name that would cover both primitive and altered art!

Love the images the one with the dancing bunny in egg costumes is adorable....and of course I love the little yello chicks!!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs~ T

Robin said...

I love your vintage images!

I think you should follow whatever your heart tells you to do!

Take Care - Robin

Stacey said...

Thanks for the input Tami & Robin. :) I'm still undecided, and for now will stay as I am.

Mónica Zúñiga said...

I think it would be a great idea! Perhaps you could leave this blog for something else and then start a new one with all the new great stuff you are going to offer now! :)

Anyway, much success to you!
Chees...Moni.

Pasta Recipes said...

Lovely blog you have heere