Thursday, April 30, 2009
This week has been very busy between work and home. Tonight the kids and I are off to a school family fun night . . . folk dancing. Oh my word . . I'm not really enthused about it myself, but will be positive and know it's something Abbie's really been looking forward to, so will make the best of it.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the Ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'Mypurpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________'.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are in need. Your friends, following God’s directionswill. Stay in touch!!!
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am Thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
I oftentimes wish I had continued with my art history and art major. Instead, because I was afraid of not finding employment in that field, I ventured off into the medical field a bit, though was still undecisive. I now work in a hospital as a Secretary. I do enjoy my job, but dream of the day I can spend day in and day out creating art. Someday my dream will come.
I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Here is a sample of a batch of prim/vintage style hang tags I made up recently (I made several), another altered vintage bingo card, and I framed a couple of my ATC's. I've been looking high and low for decent frames to fit ATC's appropriately, but am not having luck. What do you think of these? (I know the pictures with photo flash aren't the greatest ~ I should have taken outside to take the photos). Does anyone have a source for ATC sized frames ~ if so, please let me know where to look. Thanks! :)
Last night I tried to relax a bit and sat back to watch a movie, as I've been a bit emotional lately . . . but my goodness, the movie we watched was a real tear-jerker! I recommend watching it, but only when you're prepared to cry . . . it is Seven Pounds with Will Smith. So touching.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Here are Abbie & Jacob at the Easter egg hunt this past Saturday, and a few ATC's I threw together recently :)
Friday, April 10, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I'm starting an exercise routine and hopefully this will help to rejuvenate and get me out of the funk I've been in. :) And, it sure would be nice to feel better about myself if I could lose a few extra lbs. that I've been carrying since my li'l boy was born.
Tomorrow I will post a new altered creation I've made for the Mind Wide Open April challenge. :) http://mind-wideopen.blogspot.com/
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
First I'd like to THANK EVERYONE who visited my blog and entered in my spring giveaway. I was amazed at the number of people who stopped in and signed up. WOW! I haven't had a chance to visit everyone's blog, yet hope to do so. Thank You! I enjoy blog hopping and seeing what everyone is up to.
Because of the large number who signed up I decided on more than one winner ~ I've selected four (4) prize winners for my giveaway! Each will be getting a prize package with the first place winner getting the prize package as displayed (and it will include an extra bonus). The other three will receive surprise packages. :)
Congratulations to each of the following:
1) First Place ~ Tami of: http://auntmimiscreations.blogspot.com/
2) Marzia of: http://marziacreazioni.blogspot.com/
3) Marcie of: http://marcie-wwwgingerbreadhillcom.blogspot.com/
4) Eli of: http://eli-fredy.blogspot.com/
I will be contacting each of you for your mailing address so I can get your goodies in the mail this week!