Thursday, January 15, 2009

Freezing Cold Weather - My Goodness!



Brrrr . . . my goodness is it ever COLD outside . . FRIGID COLD! I had -23 below zero this morning on my drive in to work. Yes, I had to venture out regardless of the outside temperature (I work at a hospital, so the doors are open 24/7/365). Not only is it that cold, we also have wind, with windchills reaching -40 to -50 below zero! I literally ran from the parking lot to my work entrance this morning to get inside to the warmth.

Needless to say, I took this photo of Abbie and Jacob sledding a few weeks ago when the temps. were quite a bit warmer!

All the area schools (actually most in the state) are closed today. Mike works construction and the project his company is working on is still exterior work, so he's off spending the day at home with the kids. (I'm secretly hoping they're driving him nuts, but I know ~ shame on me for thinking such)!

I love the winter scenery, but I really do not like this frigid cold!! Hope everyone is staying warm! :)

No comments: